After a massively successful year here at Unified, the time has come for us to look for next year’s senior editorial team.
Unified’s had an explosive year of exclusive stories which made it into the national newspapers, multiple awards won and website views beyond doubling since our previous year – and these are only some of the many triumphs we’ve achieved this year.
Most of our senior team will be moving on as they finish their final year, so we’re looking for the right person to take over the South East’s biggest and best student publication.
This is your chance to apply for one or more of the following roles for the 2019/20 academic year.
Current Editor-in-chief, Claisse Opulencia, wants to see Unified grow even more after she graduates from her multimedia journalism degree. But first, she needs to know she’s handing it over to the right candidate.
She said: “Running Unified was undoubtedly harder than my degree, but it was a challenge that has paid off. Unified transformed from a small student news website to being named ‘Best [student] Publication’ in the whole of South East.
“I want to see next year’s team take this to an even bigger level.
“I need to see someone with commitment, dedication and passion for meaningful journalism. That’s the sort of candidate I’m looking for.”
- Be responsible for running the whole site and lead Unified’s fourth year. Big shoes to fill. Only apply if you’re committed to the cause.
- Run Unified’s news operation. Chase and land the biggest stories on and off campus. Newshound needed.
- Live and breathe sport? Run the sports section. There is a lot of uni sport. It drives a LOT of Unified traffic.
- Tackle the big issues. Do the big interviews.
- Music. TV. Movies. Club nights. Gigs. Run it all for Unified.
- Everything UnifiedFem. Everything blogs, women’s issues and feminism.
More roles will be advertised once the new senior team is in place such as social media editor, news writers, sports writers, feature writers, student council reporter and photographers.
To apply for the above roles email a CV and covering letter explaining why you’d be perfect to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline Sunday March 24.
Think you have skills Unified needs? A whiz with web design? Fantastic on Photoshop? Ardent about advertising? (took alliteration too far there). Let us know.
This is your chance to have ownership of a project doing the thing you love.