‘Tis the season for big spending! With Christmas getting closer soon Christmas shopping will begin, but as students we want this to be as cheap as possible.
Here are some gifts that you can find for under £5 this Christmas!
Hampers or stockings:
Small hampers or stockings are a go to idea for those of you who want to get a little something for lots of friends. This idea won’t cost too much and lots of little gifts may be better than one bigger gift. Since you’ve taken the time to put it together yourself, there’s more thought and love in the gift too.
This idea means you can buy in bulk which will help you cut costs further e.g. buying multi-packs of chocolates, sweets etc.
What to buy:
Amazon offer 10 small hamper baskets for £9.99 making each one just under £1! Next, all you need is a roll of foil wrap and a roll of ribbon which are both £2+ on Amazon too. You can also find foil and ribbons in supermarkets, but it might be easier to get all you need in one place.
FOR HER FROM PRIMARK:
- Earrings £1+
- Scrunchies (pack of three) £1.50
- Necklaces £1+
- Eye masks £2+
- Hairbands £1.50+
- Fluffy socks (pack of two) £1.80
- Small purses £2
- Bracelets (8 pack) £2
- Rings £1+
- Small candles 80p each
- Small notebooks (3 pack) £1.50
- Mini diffusers £1
- Male face masks (at Primark 80p+)
- Hats (at Primark £2.50+)
- Fragrance sets
- Shower gels
- Novelty books (The Works/ B+M etc)
- Small notebooks
- Grooming kit
- Chocolates and sweets! You can get sweets and chocolate multi-packs to split between hampers or get a big tub of chocolates and put a handful in each hamper.
- Tesco do tubs of chocolates (heroes, roses and celebrations) for £5.
- Most supermarkets also do offers on bags of sweets such as 3 for £1.
Gift sets for under £5:
- Asda are doing 3 for 2 on Christmas gifting (cheapest item free).
- Items such as makeup, body sprays, bath products as well as novelty items are included in this offer.
- They also have a range of gift sets for under £5.
- They offer gift sets such as body mists, deodorants and shower gels as well as nail care kits and hand creams.
B + M Bargains:
- They’re also offering a range of fragrance gift sets for under £5.
- Other gifts for under £5 include: packs of bath fizzers, nail polish sets, fluffy socks, lip balms, mugs, novelty books, shower sets, Jack Daniels/ Bacardi and coke sets (£4.49) and more!
- Superdrug are currently doing offers such as 3 for 2 on gifts and up to 1/2 price on some too.
- They also have Christmas themes sweets 65p+ including chocolate coins, Maltesers chocolate reindeer’s and more.
- Superdrug also have a range of personalised gifts such as lip balms, mugs and bath fizzers – also great stocking fillers.
- Gift set wise, Superdrug have male and female Lynx shower and body spray sets as well as other fragrances.
- Wilko also do a wide variety of gift sets and other novelty items for under £5!
- At the moment they are also doing up to 50% off gifts such as fragrance and shower sets.